The Lehigh Valley is home to so many ways to celebrate the holiday season, but in today’s post we’re going to focus on 6 of them that completely top the charts in terms of fun and family friendliness! If you’re local to Allentown or Bethlehem, it will come as no surprise that the annual events get better and better each year and continue to create lasting traditions for families and friends. After all, Bethlehem isn’t called the ‘Christmas City’ for nothing!
6 Top Holiday Events in the Lehigh Valley (in no particular order)
- Recognized as one of the top holiday markets in the world, Christkindlmarkt Bethlehem has delighted almost one million visitors from all over with its mix of unique gift ideas, old-world charm and holiday cheer over the past 20 years. This year Christkinklmarkt features more than 125 vendors, which is highest number of vendors to date! While you stroll through the market, you’ll hear wonderful live Christmas music and be tempted by the aroma of delicious food. For more information, visit http://www.christmascity.org/christkindlmarkt/
- Koziar’s Christmas Village is truly a Christmas wonderland, complete with more than 500,000 lights adorning the buildings, gift barns, and landscape. This magical place has something to delight people of all ages, including Christmas displays both indoor and out, fresh baked treats and cookies, unique gifts, ornaments, and so much more! For more information, visit http://www.koziarschristmasvillage.com/home.html
- Christmas at SteelStacks has people talking! During the holidays, the campus comes alive with the sounds and sights known only to the Christmas season. Experience holiday magic with lights and decorations you would have seen in the 1930’s, when Bethlehem first became known as the Christmas City. You’re also in store for a gingerbread house display, and a lights and music show on the weekends! Visit http://www.steelstacks.org/ for more information.
- No matter your age, you’ll enjoy a trip back in time on a Bethlehem by Night Bus Tour! Said to be “the best way to see Bethlehem,” the tour includes a stop at the famous star on top of South Mountain. Tour guides are dressed for the era are just delighted to show you the holiday sights and sounds of Bethlehem. For more information, visit http://historicbethlehem.org/index.cfm?organization_id=127§ion_id=1937&page_id=8055
- If you would rather tour Bethlehem’s holiday sights and sounds during the day, a Scenic Horse-Drawn Carriage Ride is the perfect option for you! Tickets for this event sell out quickly, so don’t delay. Visit http://www.historicbethlehem.org/index.cfm?organization_id=127§ion_id=1937&page_id=8778 for more information.
- Last, but certainly not least, another top holiday event in the Lehigh Valley is Allentown’s Annual Lights in the Parkway, a beautiful collection of lights and animated displays winding through one of Allentown’s most beautiful parks. This drive-thru light display covers more than a mile of the Lehigh Parkway and promises to shine brighter than ever before! (Note – For Christmas 2015, the “Lights” were temporarily moved to downtown Allentown and Cedar Beach Park.)
No matter how you celebrate during the holiday season, whether it be with friends, family, or both, I speak for my team when I say to have a wonderful and joyous time making memories and either starting or continuing your traditions.
Have you been to any of these holiday events in the past? Which are your favorites?
My name is Barbara Bottitta and I am a Realtor/Partner with Keller Williams Real Estate and team leader for the Barb Bottitta Team of Lehigh Valley Home Experts. Our team of professionals include a listing and closing specialist so that from the starting line to the dotted line you won’t find another agent or team that provides better service, works harder – or cares more – than my team. My husband, Lou, and I have lived in Lower Macungie for over 30 years; our grown children attended Emmaus High School and we feel fortunate that our grandsons are growing up in the Lehigh Valley as well!
Contact me for your Lehigh Valley area questions and real estate needs, and like my Facebook Page for area events, home ownership tips, real estate market updates, tips for home buyers and sellers, and so much more!
There are many great Lehigh Valley area homes for sale. Click here to perform full home search, or if you’re thinking of selling your home, click here for a FREE Home Price Evaluation so you know what buyers will pay for your home in today’s market. You may also call me at (610) 398-8408 for a FREE home buying or selling consultation to answer any of your real estate questions.
Why Choose Our Team?
Each member of the team is an expert in their area and contributes to the synergy. Our well tested systems will smooth the way from starting line to contract dotted line. Contact us for Real Estate services that exceed your expectations and help you achieve your home buying and selling goals.