Use these tips as guidance to increase your home’s value whether you are planning on selling or just want to implement some changes that will prove to be a worthwhile investment.
Start with help from the experts; your realtor, an interior designer, a home stager, housing inspectors, a landscaper, or even your local utility company can provide their professional services and expert suggestions for improvements that will improve the value of your home in your area. If you live in the Lehigh Valley, let me know! I have a list of preferred professionals you can start with!
Tips to Consider:
1. Cut energy costs by testing the energy efficiency of your home. The professionals can help you maximize the efficiency of your home and save you money at the same time.
2. Have your home inspected for deteriorating roofs, small water leaks, mold, damaged siding, or outdated electrical systems. Repairing minor issues now is better than having it turn into a costly nightmare.
3. Update your old appliances with energy efficient ones.
4. Replace outdated heating and cooling systems with more efficient ones.
5. Work on your curb appeal. Trim the trees or plant new ones. Replace the front door. Re-create new flower beds with fresh mulch.
6. Pick a room and remodel it. Whether it’s the attic, the basement, a closet, or a bathroom, choose one that can be a do-it-yourself project with little impact to your wallet.
7. And lastly, create the feel of more space by de-cluttering as much as you can and storing the rest in an organized fashion. If you’re selling your home, this process is a great way to start packing. Renting a storage space can be a worthwhile investment in the long run.
If you found this post helpful, please consider sharing it. Thank you!
Helpful Tips for Home Buyers
Helpful Tips for Home Sellers
My name is Barbara Bottitta and I am a Realtor/Partner with Keller Williams Real Estate and team leader for the Barb Bottitta Team of Lehigh Valley Home Experts. Our team of professionals include a listing and closing specialist so that from the starting line to the dotted line you won’t find another agent or team that provides better service, works harder – or cares more – than my team. My husband, Lou, and I have lived in Lower Macungie for over 30 years; our grown children attended Emmaus High School and we feel fortunate that our grandsons are growing up in the Lehigh Valley as well!
Contact me for your Lehigh Valley area questions and real estate needs, and like my Facebook Page for area events, home ownership tips, real estate market updates, tips for home buyers and sellers, and so much more!
There are many great Lehigh Valley area homes for sale. Click here to perform full home search, or if you’re thinking of selling your home, click here for a FREE Home Price Evaluation so you know what buyers will pay for your home in today’s market. You may also call me at (610) 398-8408 for a FREE home buying or selling consultation to answer any of your real estate questions.
Why Choose Our Team?
Each member of the team is an expert in their area and contributes to the synergy. Our well tested systems will smooth the way from starting line to contract dotted line. Contact us for Real Estate services that exceed your expectations and help you achieve your home buying and selling goals.
Visit www.LVhomeExpert.com and visit our Facebook Page to view videos of homes for sale in the Lehigh Valley, Pa, client testimonials, and other helpful real estate information!