The concerns of today’s home buyers go beyond the number of bedrooms, bathrooms, and square footage. While these are first-step concerns, a recent survey of over 2000 U.S. adults conducted by Harris Interactive and Trulia found more important factors that play a part in the home buying process.
Here are my responses to these worries and how my team can help you. Please don’t hesitate to ask questions either by commenting on this post or contacting me directly.
The 7 Things That Worry Home Buyers Most
7. Deciding on a home too quickly for fear it won’t be on the market long. (19%)
- Before you start looking at homes, we will work with you and clearly identify your wants and needs. We will keep you on track so you won’t “impulse buy”. We will only show you homes that match your criteria, so you won’t be confused or disillusioned by the marketplace. Many buyers find “the” home after only seeing a handful of homes because we are showing them homes that match their needs.
6. Home prices falling after I buy. (25%)
- No one has a crystal ball, but many experts feel we have seen the bottom of the market and while home prices may still fluctuate and dip a small amount, the rise in interest rates over time is the bigger concern!
5. Competing with other buyers for the home I want most. (27%)
- We will negotiate aggressively on your behalf and guide you in making a strong bid – since inventory is down, multiple offers on the same house are more prevalent, but our experience can help you win if you find yourself in this situation.
4. Not qualifying for a mortgage. (30%)
- We’ll help guide you through the process of getting pre-qualified for a mortgage prior to starting your search so you won’t waste time or fall in love with a home you can’t purchase. If you don’t qualify for a loan, we can direct you towards a finance program so you can establish your credit. Then you will at least know and get on course for buying in the future.
3. Not finding a home I like. (36%)
- You won’t know until you get out with a Realtor and look. We’ll help you develop a plan so your priorities are clear and we can make your home dreams a reality.
2. Home prices rising before I buy. (37%)
- Then why wait? It’s inevitable that there will be an increase over time but generally not quickly enough to really impact your purchasing power once you start the home buying process.
1. Mortgage interest rates rising before I buy. (41%)
- Predictions are that mortgage rates will continue to rise so waiting will decrease your buying power (for every 1/2% increase in mortgage rates, your buying power is reduced $10K.)
What are your top concerns as a home buyer?
My name is Barbara Bottitta and I am a Realtor/Partner with Keller Williams Real Estate and team leader for the Barb Bottitta Team of Lehigh Valley Home Experts. Our team of professionals include a listing and closing specialist so that from the starting line to the dotted line you won’t find another agent or team that provides better service, works harder – or cares more – than my team. My husband, Lou, and I have lived in Lower Macungie for over 30 years; our grown children attended Emmaus High School and we feel fortunate that our grandsons are growing up in the Lehigh Valley as well!
Contact me for your Lehigh Valley area questions and real estate needs, and like my Facebook Page for area events, home ownership tips, real estate market updates, tips for home buyers and sellers, and so much more!
There are many great Lehigh Valley area homes for sale. Click here to perform full home search, or if you’re thinking of selling your home, click here for a FREE Home Price Evaluation so you know what buyers will pay for your home in today’s market. You may also call me at (610) 398-8408 for a FREE home buying or selling consultation to answer any of your real estate questions.
Why Choose Our Team?
Each member of the team is an expert in their area and contributes to the synergy. Our well tested systems will smooth the way from starting line to contract dotted line. Contact us for Real Estate services that exceed your expectations and help you achieve your home buying and selling goals.