Whether you’re buying or selling a home, your choice of real estate agent will make all the difference in the success of the transaction, your stress level, and level of comfort throughout. Home buyers (especially first-time buyers) may not recognize the signs to change agents. Home sellers (whether it’s the first or fifth time selling) are often left wondering why the home hasn’t sold yet, what are they doing wrong, or better yet, what is the agent doing wrong!
Home Buyers — It’s time for a new Realtor when…
1. When the Realtor gets the date of your first scheduled showing wrong! I’ve seen it happen, it’s a red flag to take a better look at who you chose to represent you in buying your home.
2. When the Realtor is continuously late for appointments or doesn’t call when they say they will.
3. When you have to leave a message every time you call your agent instead of talking with them directly. It’s also a red flag if the Realtor’s voice mail box is full. We have one of our friendly, helpful assistants answering the phone, 9am to 5pm M-F ~ no voice mail!
4. When you’re only able to schedule times to see houses for sale in the evenings or on weekends, when the Agent isn’t at their other job. You should choose a Realtor who is experienced and completely devoted to clients and the entire real estate process.
5. When your agent has no professional credentials, minimal continuing
education and are not keeping up with the industry’s changes.
Home Sellers — It’s time for a new Realtor when…
Some of the red flags presented above for home buyers also apply to home sellers. Being late to appointments, getting voice mail all the time and not receiving prompt calls back, full voice mail box, lack of credentials and knowledge of the current industry standards.
1. When you see your home listed in the MLS for the first time and the Agent has the pictures sideways or upside down. This shows lack of focus and little concern for details. It’s all about the details in the real estate industry, if your Realtor overlooks them, that spells trouble for you.
2. When your house has been listed on the MLS for 2 weeks without a showing and your Realtor hasn’t recommended a price reduction.
3. When you don’t get updates from your Realtor about the status of your home. Your agent should be in touch regularly to discuss options and future plans for the listing, answering questions, etc.
4. When you don’t hear from your agent until close to the expiration of your listing,
5. When your Realtor gets details of your listing wrong; directions, room sizes, features of the home, etc.
If you find yourself noticing any of these red flags, no matter how minor you think they are, it could be time to consider choosing someone else to represent you. Always do your research before signing on the dotted line with a Realtor. Here is a list of questions to ask when interviewing agents.
I want to make it as easy as I can for you to understand all of the real estate jargon, so if you have any questions at all about the Lehigh Valley real estate market, what’s happening, interest rates, etc., just give me a call at 610-398-8408 or contact me here.
You can also connect with me on my Facebook Page for events and happenings in the Lehigh Valley area, as well as home ownership tips, real estate market updates, and so much more!
There are many great Lehigh Valley area homes for sale. Click here to perform full home search, or if you’re thinking of selling your home, click here for a FREE Home Price Evaluation so you know what buyers will pay for your home in today’s market. You may also call me at (610) 398-8408 for a FREE home buying or selling consultation to answer any of your real estate questions.
Why Choose Our Team?
Each member of the team is an expert in their area and contributes to the synergy. Our well tested systems will smooth the way from starting line to contract dotted line. Contact us for Real Estate services that exceed your expectations and help you achieve your home buying and selling goals.