The Lehigh Valley Real Estate market is shifting! We started to see the positive signs late in 2012 and sales have picked up momentum in 2013. March closed sales are up more than 20% over March 2012, while the months supply of inventory is down almost 30% over the same time last year. Homes that are in good condition and staged properly are getting multiple offers.
We are seeing these improvements on a national basis as well — Home sales and prices confirm that a healthy recovery is continuing in the national housing market:
- Sales have been above year-ago levels for 20 consecutive months.
- Prices have experienced 12 consecutive months of year-over-year gains.
Highlights of an Improving Lehigh Valley Economy
- Lehigh County is the fastest growing county in population in Pennsylvania per the latest US census data.
- Anticipated job growth is 4.8% for the next 6 months, according to Bethlehem economist, Kahran Asfar.
- February 2013 real estate sales are up 19% compared to February 2012.
- Ocean Spray and Bimbo Bakeries are both opening new facilities in the Lehigh Valley, adding over 265 jobs – this is a promising trend for local growth.
- A Manpower survey reports a potential 19% increase in hiring from April to June 2013.
- Our team is seeing an increase in buyer and seller activity. Click here to contact us for more information about buying or selling Lehigh Valley real estate.
Contact me, Barb Bottitta, for any and all of your Lehigh Valley area questions, as well as real estate needs, as I am always happy to help in any way that I can! You can also connect with me on my Facebook Page for events and happenings in the Lehigh Valley area, as well as home ownership tips, real estate market updates, and so much more!
There are many great Lehigh Valley area homes for sale. Click here to perform full home search, or if you’re thinking of selling your home, click here for a FREE Home Price Evaluation so you know what buyers will pay for your home in today’s market. You may also call me at (610) 398-8408 for a FREE home buying or selling consultation to answer any of your real estate questions.