Once you have listed your Lehigh Valley home for sale and your real estate agent has put all the pieces together by promoting your listing, buyers will start scheduling times to come in to view your home. I recommend leaving your home during these scheduled showings in order to allow buyers to walk through your home freely and comfortably to take in all aspects of what could potentially be their next home.
That being said, you want your home to show in its best possible light and better than the competition (which I can assure you they will see)! There are a few things I recommend doing in the hour before a scheduled showing that will have the spaces in your home welcoming in a new family.
In addition to the visual appeal of the spaces in your home, buyers need to see that the home is clean and well taken care of. If you haven’t vacuumed or dusted in the last few days, the hour before a scheduled showing is the perfect time to do it!
10 Things To Do (in the hour) Before Buyers View Your Home
1. Put away any kid toys and / or pet toys and beds.
2. Vacuum/sweep the main living areas and bedrooms.
3. Dust lampshades and surfaces that are at least eye level and below.
4. Turn on the lights in the main areas of the home (make sure all light bulbs are working)!
5. Open any curtains and blinds to let in as much natural light as possible.
6. Open the windows (if it’s seasonable to do so).
7. Put any pets behind closed doors and leave a note for the showing agent and the buyers…or just take them with you when you leave for the showing.
8. Depending on the time of year your home is listed for sale, either turn the heat up 2 degrees or turn up the air conditioning by 2 degrees. You want buyers to be comfortable inside the home while they are there for the showing.
9. Since most times you will be aware of the showing at least a few hours in advance, make sure not to cook anything that will leave lingering odors. If you did though, try simmering cinnamon on the stove in the hour before the showing to give your home a pleasant smell.
10. Take anything valuable with you or put it in a lock box; like jewelry, cash, or other high value items.
If you found these tips helpful, please let us know in the comment box!
Related Home Selling Articles
- 5 Keys to Selling Your Home in any Market
- Sell Your Home Faster With These 6 Interior Improvements
- Tricks to Make Your Home Feel More Spacious
Contact me, Barb Bottitta, for any and all of your Lehigh Valley area questions, as well as real estate needs, as I am always happy to help in any way that I can! You can also connect with me on my Facebook Page for events and happenings in the Lehigh Valley area, as well as home ownership tips, real estate market updates, and so much more!
There are many great Lehigh Valley area homes for sale. Click here to perform full home search, or if you’re thinking of selling your home, click here for a FREE Home Price Evaluation so you know what buyers will pay for your home in today’s market. You may also call me at (610) 398-8408 for a FREE home buying or selling consultation to answer any of your real estate questions.
Why Choose Our Team?
Each member of the team is an expert in their area and contributes to the synergy. Our well tested systems will smooth the way from starting line to contract dotted line. Contact us for Real Estate services that exceed your expectations and help you achieve your home buying and selling goals.