It’s that time of year already, when moments of realization hit and you’re seeing visions of school bags, supply lists, clothes shopping dates in the near future, plans for hair cuts…and the back to school list goes on and on. Well, Summer’s not over yet, and there is still plenty of time to round up the kids and make a day of it in the Lehigh Valley.
The Lehigh Valley is literally full of fun things to do for the whole family, from water fun and outdoor activities to sports and indoor adventures. Here’s just a few of the top items I think should be on your list of things to do before Summer ends.
7. Spend a day at Dutch Springs, also known as the floating amusement park! Located in Bethlehem, Dutch Springs is home to water adventures, snorkeling, scuba diving, camping, the sky challenge, and so much more. They have water games you’ve only dreamed of and water crafts available for rent.
6. Experience an Iron Pigs game at Coca Cola Park. Summer in the Lehigh Valley just isn’t complete without going to at least one Iron Pigs game, especially because of the “Pork Races”! Take a look at some of the silly fun that awaits:
5. Go to the beach. Just a short distance from the Lehigh Valley, Wildwood, New Jersey is home to Morey’s Piers & Beachfront Waterparks where you’ll find the Raging Waters Waterpark.
4. On an evening when it’s not quite so hot, take the kids to play miniature golf. There are quite a few mini golf locations in the Lehigh Valley, all you have to do is find the one closest to where you live!
3. Experience the fun at Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom, one of the area’s most popular attractions. Two great parks for the price of one, Dorney Park is located in Allentown and features over 200 acres of more than 100 rides and attractions for guests of all ages. The purchase of one ticket allows access to both the rides and the water park, consisting of 22 water slides, 2 tubing rivers, and 2 huge wave pools! After you’ve been to Dorney Park, visit the other Lehigh Valley area amusement parks.
2. Spend the day at Bushkill Falls – The Niagara of Pennsylvania. Just outside the Lehigh Valley nestled deep within the Pocono Mountains lies this spectacular destination for the entire family, with breathtaking waterfalls, beautiful scenic trails, and so much more!
1. Last but not least, spend some time in your own backyard! Take a backyard discovery walk, catch fireflies at night, then follow it up with s’mores. Family time doesn’t have to cost a thing, just spending time doing things together is what makes the time special.
How do you spend the lazy day’s of Summer with your family?
Contact Barb Bottitta for any and all of your Lehigh Valley area questions, as well as real estate needs, as I am always happy to help in any way that I can! You can also connect with me on my Facebook Page for events and happenings in the Lehigh Valley area, as well as home ownership tips, real estate market updates, and so much more!
Here’s a look at the homes for sale in the Lehigh Valley.
Why Choose Our Team?
Each member of the team is an expert in their area and contributes to the synergy. Our well tested systems will smooth the way from starting line to contract dotted line. Contact us for Real Estate services that exceed your expectations and help you achieve your home buying and selling goals.