When flowers just don’t say enough for the special mother in your life, treating her to a local weekend getaway or unique celebration may be just the answer. Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 13th and the Lehigh Valley has a variety of ways to show her how much she means to you and your family, as well as things that will cater to mom’s love of relaxation and elegance.
Saturday, May 12
- Mother’s Day Tea – Sponsored by the Lehigh County Historical Society, enjoy an all-new presentation about some of our nation’s most fascinating First Ladies while sampling authentic tea and treats enjoyed at the White House. Held at the Lehigh Valley Heritage Museum on Saturday, May 12 from 12pm – 1:30pm.
- Music, music, and more music – Come to the Allentown Symphony Hall on Saturday night, 8pm – 10pm for Papa Doo Run Run A Symphonic Surfin’ Safari! and Papa Doo Run Run Music of the Beach Boys.
- Comedy anyone? – Enjoy a night of side-splitting laughs at the Ramada Allentown/Whitehall. Great food, drinks, and overnight accommodations also make for a nice Mother’s Day get-away. Doors open at 8:30pm for the 9:00pm show at Wise Crackers Comedy Club.
Sunday, May 13
- Mother’s Day Brunch – A unique place to take mom for brunch on Mother’s Day brunch is Sweet Memories, located in Emmaus. Try their coconut cake, one of their yummiest creations! Another great place for brunch, as well as a weekend getaway in the Lehigh Valley is the Glasbern Inn, located in Fogelsville. Take a look at what they’ve put together for Mother’s Day.
- RiverJazz Festival – This event is a wonderful way to spend Mother’s Day! Happening at SteelStacks in Bethlehem, you’ll experience some of the best jazz performers from the Lehigh Valley, as well as music from Bebop and Swing to Cool Jazz and Free Improvisation.
If none of these events are for you, how about a gift that is environmentally friendly? Instead of buying jewelry, although pretty, it’s in the best interest of the environment to try a green alternative! Spending time with mom will mean more to her than anything else, and will prove that not all memories are made by buying a gift. Going for a walk in a park, visiting one of the covered bridges in the Lehigh Valley, making a meal together (or with the kids), or planting a tree in mom’s honor are great ways to make Mother’s Day special.
Another location in the Lehigh Valley where mom can be pampered and left feeling relaxed and appreciated is the Spa at Bear Creek. Here, mom can enjoy such features as a hot stone massage, hydrating facial, manicure/pedicure combination, or a rejuvenating sea polish. Presenting mom with a gift certificate for this luxurious spa location will leave mom feeling truly special.
We hope you these Mother’s Day events gave you some ideas of how you are going to show the mom in your life that she is special. Break away from the ordinary and do something unique this year!
How are you planning to celebrate Mother’s Day?
Contact Barb Bottitta for any and all of your Lehigh Valley area questions, as well as real estate needs, as I am always happy to help in any way that I can! You can also connect with me on my Facebook Page for events and happenings in the Lehigh Valley area, as well as home ownership tips, real estate market updates, and so much more!
Here’s a look at the homes for sale in the Lehigh Valley.
Why Choose Our Team?
Each member of the team is an expert in their area and contributes to the synergy. Our well tested systems will smooth the way from starting line to contract dotted line. Contact us for Real Estate services that exceed your expectations and help you achieve your home buying and selling goals.