The Lehigh Valley schools provide kids with a variety of days off during the winter; some for holidays, some for snow days, and even some half days for teachers to have meetings. As parents, we want to make those days off special for our children, not only keeping them occupied but maybe throwing a few educational activities into the mix! Because there is so much for the kids to do in the Lehigh Valley, it can be difficult to decide exactly how to spend the day. Here are some suggestions from the Barb Bottitta Team of Lehigh Valley Home Experts to have your children enjoying their day off and maybe, just maybe learning a little something too!
1. This first suggestion isn’t really educational, but it sure is fun (if there is snow on the ground) – SLEDDING!
- There are a variety of places to sled in the Lehigh Valley from Allentown to Easton and everywhere in between. Whether you have very young children or teenagers, sledding is fun for the whole family! Be sure to stay safe, drink plenty of water, and let us know if you find a great place that’s not on our list.
2. Head to the Da Vinci Science Center in Allentown.
- This educational but so much fun place promotes curiosity, creativity, and imagination in children of all ages. With events like a toy design challenge and ice cream wars, your children will thank you for such an awesome day!
3. Stay in and have a cold weather craft day.
- Have fun with your little ones by making snowflakes, sparkling ice crystals, 3-D crafts or book blankets! Disney family fun knows how to make sure you and your kids have a great winter day.
4. Take the kids skiing or snow tubing!
- There are a surprising number of places to ski near the Lehigh Valley, like Bear Creek and Blue Mountain. You can even make a day of skiing educational by counting the number of other skiers or learning how the fake snow is made!
5. Visit the Crayola Factory at Two Rivers Landing.
- You can color, draw, paint and create with the latest Crayola products without the worry of cleanup afterwards. Each creative space invites you to play and explore while learning and having lots and lots of fun. See how Crayola Crayons and Markers are made. Learn about the history of the Crayola brand. Explore dozens of interactive projects and activities. Most importantly enjoy a day with the family while learning!
The things you can do with your kids on a day off school in the Lehigh Valley are endless, these are just a few. What are your favorite things to do to spend the day with your children?
Contact Barb Bottitta for any and all of your Lehigh Valley area questions, as well as real estate needs, as I am always happy to help in any way that I can! You can also connect with me on my Facebook Page.
Why Choose Our Team?
Each member of the team is an expert in their area and contributes to the synergy. Our well tested systems will smooth the way from starting line to contract dotted line. Contact us for Real Estate services that exceed your expectations and help you achieve your home buying and selling goals.