The Lehigh Valley is one of the top-rated places to live because of the opportunities available, and in today’s economic situation, so many people find themselves making a career change. From large corporations to new start-up businesses, the Lehigh Valley finds itself in a period of growth. Here are the Lehigh Valley’s top 25 employers, as stated in the Morning Call.
1. Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network – Headquartered in Salisbury Township, LVHN employed 9,723 people in 2010, a 1.7% increase from 2009.
2. St. Luke’s Hospital and Health Network – Headquartered in Bethlehem, employed 7222 people in 2010, a 1.8% increase from 2009.
3. Air Products – Headquartered in Trexlertown, Air Products holds leading positions in refinery hydrogen, semiconductor and flat-panel display materials, natural gas liquefaction equipment, home health care services, and advanced materials for high-performance, more environmentally friendly coatings, and adhesives. The company is experiencing significant business improvement and is investing in new projects and initiatives that will drive growth well into the future.
4. Giant Food Stores – Headquartered in Carlisle, Giant employed 2339 people in 2010, a .4% increase from 2009.
5. PPL – Headquartered in Allentown, PPL Corp. will be hiring to replace employees who leave for retirement or other reasons and to build staff in support of major operations. PPL showed a significant 4.4% increase in the number of employees from 2009 to 2010.
6. Sodexo – Headquartered in Paris, Sodexo showed a 1.5% increase in the number of employees from 2009 to 2010.
7. B. Braun – Headquartered in Bethlehem, B. Braun employed 1931 people in 2010.
8. Wegmans – Headquartered in Rochester, NY, Wegmans showed a significant 4.1% increase in the number of people employed from 2009 to 2010.
9. Lehigh University – Located in Bethlehem, Lehigh University employed 1794 people in 2010, an increase of 0.1% from 2009.
10. Walmart Associates Inc. – Headquartered in Bentonville, Ark, Walmart employed 1765 people in 2010.
11. Guardian Life Insurance Co. of America – Shows an increase of 1.8% from the number employed from 2009 to 2010.
The following Lehigh Valley companies employ more than 1000 people and complete the list of the top 25 employers.
13. Easton Hospital
17. Wells Fargo
21. HCR Manor Care
22. Mack Trucks
23. Weis Markets Inc
25. Walgreen Eastern Co Inc. (website not available)
With the variety of industries included in the list of the top 25 employers in the Lehigh Valley, health care is the largest. For more information about employment in the Lehigh Valley, visit the Chamber of Commerce.
Where do you see employment growth in the Lehigh Valley?
Why Choose Our Team?
Each member of the team is an expert in their area and contributes to the synergy. Our well tested systems will smooth the way from starting line to contract dotted line. Contact us for Real Estate services that exceed your expectations and help you achieve your home buying and selling goals.